Close Menu
The Opportunity News Tv
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram WhatsApp
    Trending
    • CONTINENTAL MOVEMENT RESTRICTION. A NIGHTMARE FOR AFRICANS Why Can’t Africans Move Freely Within Africa?
    • World Cup: Can Senegal stun France again? Predictions, schedule on Day 6
    • Cabo Verde stun Spain on day of draws
    • Why Young Kenyans Are Choosing Apartments Over Land
    • It’s not enough to say young people must start businesses
    • Cameroon opposition figure files complaint in France against President Paul Biya
    • SA companies face backlash over anti-immigrant protests
    • UK-based Nigerian Law Scholar wins University of Hull award for publication excellence
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    The Opportunity News TvThe Opportunity News Tv
    Subscribe
    Friday, August 7
    • BUSINESS & ECONOMY
    • TECH & INNOVATION
    • EDUCATION
      • Seminar & conference
      • Internship & training
    • HEALTHCARE
    • GLOBAL POLITICS
    • JOBS
    • SCHOLARSHIP
    • CONTACT
    The Opportunity News Tv
    Home»Global Politics

    Cameroon opposition figure files complaint in France against President Paul Biya

    0
    By the Opportunity News Tv on June 17, 2026 Global Politics
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Cameroonian opposition leader Issa Tchiroma Bakary has filed two legal complaints in France against President Paul Biya and several senior officials, escalating his challenge to the government months after the country’s disputed 2025 presidential election.

    Tchiroma, who is living in exile in The Gambia, says the complaints are based on allegations of human rights violations committed against his supporters following the vote. The former government minister broke ranks with Biya ahead of the election and ran as an opposition candidate.

    He continues to contest the official results, which handed 93-year-old President Paul Biya another term in office. Tchiroma claims he was the rightful winner and accuses authorities of targeting opposition activists through arrests and repression after the election.

    The Cameroonian government has rejected the allegations and dismissed the legal action.

    The case now opens a new chapter in the political standoff between the veteran president and one of his former allies, highlighting the tensions that continue to surround the outcome of last year’s election.

    French judicial authorities will now decide whether to proceed with an investigation into the complaints.

    Source: www.africanews.com

    the Opportunity News Tv
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    SA companies face backlash over anti-immigrant protests

    US judge rules against Trump policies targeting immigrants from 39 travel-ban countries

    Putin says there is ‘no point’ meeting Zelensky over ending Ukraine war

    Voting suspended in parts of Ethiopia over security concerns

    Looming Iran peace deal shows how Trump’s maximalist goals have shrunk

    US, Iran inch closer to deal to end the war: What to know

    Facebook X (Twitter) WhatsApp TikTok Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

    Company

    • Information
    • Advertising
    • Classified Ads
    • Contact Info
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • GDPR Policy
    • Media Kits

    Services

    • Subscriptions
    • Customer Support
    • Bulk Packages
    • Newsletters
    • Sponsored News
    • Work With Us

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news  about art, design, business, etc. 

    © 2026 The Opportunity News & TV. Designed by Kesmondsdesigns.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.