Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Location: Kampala (Uganda)
Communication and Public Information
Information Technology and Computer Science
Closing Date: 2021-12-02
TO THE ATTENTION OF EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
External candidates must be legally present in Uganda at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non-Ugandan citizens are required to submit a valid Ugandan residence permit to be considered.
Your application will NOT be considered if;
– The application form is not duly filled.
– The questionnaire at the end of the application form is not answered. (for external candidates)
– A valid residence permit is not attached to the application. (for non-Ugandan external candidates only)
The intern’s roles to offer:
- ICT Technical support to UNHCR staff.
- Assist in orienting newly recruited staff and providing all essential ICT equipment loaded with the organization’s standard applications and operating system.
- Keep updated ICT equipment records and their operating conditions.
- Keep an updated list of ICT equipment for Uganda in coordination with the ICT team.
- Assist in performing other related duties as required.
ICT infrastructure (1).
BSC in Computer science.
Network Infrastructure basic knowledge ( Vendor-specific certifications CISCO, Microsoft . Red Hat Certification).
Knowledge of Virtualization & Cloud Computing. SharePoint and collaboration tools.
Fundamental Windows Server Infrastructure. Knowledge/experience of Windows 10 and Microsoft office 365.
– Knowledge/Expertise in object-oriented software development and application development in Python, others.
– Contribute to implementing good software development practices: continuous integration (CI), deployment (CD), static code analysis.
– Knowledge of OpenStack
– Special programming/We development skills.
– Knowledge of Mobile applications development.
– Knowledge of cloud computing.
– Microsoft collaboration tools/software.
– Fluency in written and spoken English.
– Good interpersonal and communication skills.
– Experience in dealing with people. There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship. The intern cannot apply for a post with UNHCR, including a consultancy, during the internship period and for the six months immediately following the expiration date.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).See below for this postion’s Operational Context
The intern is part of the ICT Unit in the Representation Office of Uganda operation. S/he will report to the ICT Officer while receiving guidance from other ICT team members,
UNHCR expects the intern to understand the Uganda ICT service delivery role as a support function to the operation. S/he will also understand the UNHCR procedures related to various ICT services deliveries to support UNHCR Uganda operation. The closing date of the job opening is 02 December 2021.