Are you looking to restart/advance your career at a grassroots organisation whose goal is to empower unprivileged communities? Are you a self-driven, result oriented, dynamic and competent person? Would you thrive through a blend of virtual and physical work?
Here is an opportunity for you.
Giving Hope Foundation (GHF) is looking for an honest and detail-oriented part-time
Accountant with a can-do approach to problem solving. This position will play a role in
keeping a growing and dynamic community-focused NGO organized and on track!
At Giving Hope Foundation, you will have the opportunity to make an impact and really do
work that matters. This role is perfect for those looking for an opportunity to work
autonomously with great team support both physically and virtually. At GHF you can find
your passion and get the support to explore all facets of development work! You will join an experienced, motivated, and highly collaborative organisation where your ideas will be
solicited and valued. Creativity, Humility, Integrity, Fairness and Fun are our
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Part-time position
- Collaborate with the management in financial planning and budgeting
- Undertake financial accounting & control actions (Payment processing, receipt processing, Payroll management, Bank Reconciliations, Fixed Asset Register
Management and Back-up of organisation accounting records etc)
- Financial Monitoring and Reporting (Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports)
- Prepare for and oversee external audits and post audit follow up activities
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Local in Hoima (or surrounding areas)
- At least two years’ professional experience in an accounting environment
- Professional training in Accounting and Finance
- Experience with Google Workplace and Zoom
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and a high attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments
Nice to Haves
- Experience using Zoho or Wave
- Familiarization with financial oriented documents
- Experience in civil society work
About Giving Hope Foundation
Giving Hope Foundation is a grassroots based organization that works to ensure sustainable development for unprivileged rural communities by building a strong socioeconomic and healthy environment for their well-being. We value and work with smallholder farmers that are organized into Village Savings Groups (VSLAs), and these form a basis of our activities.
GHF provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their Cover letter, CV and
Recommendation Letters from two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st
November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.