National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) a leading organization in the Water sector in Uganda with a Vision “The leading Customer Service Oriented Utility in the World” which seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant positions in the Directorate of Planning and Capital Development:
EJA 02 /2021: Principal Engineer – 05 POSITIONS
REPORTS TO: Manager Projects
To implement capital investment projects that allow the Corporation to sustainably meet water and distribution demands to the satisfaction of the customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
1) Prepare detailed designs for water and waste water infrastructure
2) Prepare budgets and work Plans for Project
3) Prepare tender documents
4) Prepare contracts
5) Review designs during project implementation
6) Mentor project staff and identify capacity building needs
7) Any other duties assigned
In order to be considered for this position, the applicant must have a working experience of at least five (05) years and should possess the following:
1) First Class degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
2) Shall be a Registered Engineer or have evidence of significant progress made towards
registration as an Engineer in Uganda or a professional bodies.
1) Minimum of 4 years’ experience in design or construction management of water supply
and sewerage infrastructure including water and wastewater treatment.
2) Good knowledge in the fields of structural engineering and geo-technics, and
3) Good knowledge of engineering design and project management software
Age Limit: must be below 35 years of age.
1) Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
2) Excellent organization and administrative skills, with high attention to detail
3) Well-developed problem solving skills with an ability to remain calm in a challenging
4) Ability to be innovative and improve practices, documents and processes
5) Highly competent in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Projects, AutoCAD, EPANET, WaterCAD,
6) Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team
7) Ability to work to budget, timeframe and meet deadlines
8) Willingness to show flexibility in work hours some evening and weekend work will be
9) Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
Applicants must attach the following requirements; –
An Application letter with a detailed Curium virtue (CV) attached with academic
All persons who believe they can clearly demonstrate their abilities to meet the criteria given above are encouraged to send hard copies of their applications to the attention of the Director Human Resources, National Water & Sewerage Corporation, Plot 03 Nakasero, P.O Box 7053, Kampala.
To be considered, your application must be received by close of business on Friday 15th October 2021 at 4.00 p.m.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.